In our last blog, Dana Rinderknecht, manager of GivingFirst.org, introduced Fundraising Pages. These are customizable web pages available on GivingFirst.org that help individuals raise money for the nonprofits they believe in.
Denver Kids, Inc. is involved in a few big events a year to raise money for their mission—the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon and Summer Solstice Golf Marathon. Staff and other supporters run the race and golf for donations that go to Denver Kids, Inc. Until this year they have used paper letters to get donations and sorted through manual checks.
This year they started using Fundraising Pages to make it all easier—and all online. Here are some perks of the online tool Michelle shared with me, and one “hot tip.”
Why Fundraising Pages?
- You can share links to Fundraising Pages online, which is more efficient and less expensive than mailing paper letters
- Donations can be given online rather than through physical checks
- Unlike some other online fundraising page tools, it is free to use and there are no online processing fees on the first $50,000 donated per year per organization
- A visual thermometer helps you and your supporters track how close you are to goal
- Each person can create and personalize her own page
- Hot tip: Set your goal high—it motivates people to help you reach it!
By Angela Bevacqua, Communications Specialist
Supporter Heather Johnson’s Fundraising Page for the Colfax Marathon benefiting Denver Kids, Inc.