It was a big “gong” moment at our office when we learned that we were named Outstanding Foundation this year for National Philanthropy Day - Colorado. We keep a large gong in the center of our office which is used to gather the troops for exciting announcements. We drop everything and run towards the sound of the gong.
National Philanthropy Day is a special day set aside nationwide each November to recognize the people and organizations who donate their time, talent, and financial resources to worthy causes. Twelve individuals and organizations will be honored this November in Denver, including FirstBank—our Colorado Gives Day corporate partner. We are in great company.
• Outstanding Large Business: FirstBank Holding Company (Lakewood)
• Outstanding Small Business: Snooze, An A.M. Eatery (Denver)
• Outstanding Foundation: Community First Foundation (Arvada)
• Outstanding Philanthropist: Joan Brennan (Denver)
• Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy - Grantmaker: Tim Schultz (Denver)
• Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy - Fundraiser: Griff Freyschlag (Denver)
• Outstanding Service Organization: HomeAid Colorado (Denver)
• Outstanding Volunteer: Valerie Escatel (Brighton)
• Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Dorothy Brandt (Alamosa)
• Outstanding Youth: Marko Babiak (Denver)
• Outstanding Youth Group: Rock Canyon High School Student Council (Littleton)
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Sally Rippey (Denver)
Thank you so much to Bob Cooper of the Tennyson Center for nominating us, with the support of Ron Ludwig of the Conflict Center and Skip Arnold with Energy Outreach Colorado. Special thanks to Mike Pritchard with Goodwill Industries of Denver for all of his support and encouragement. We are truly honored.