Senior Communications Specialist
Community First Foundation
Did you know that the average lifespan of a Facebook post is 3 hours? Julie Urlaub, a social media enthusiast at Taiga Company, shared this and other interesting stats during our recent Social Media for Social Good webinar for Colorado Gives Day.
Julie was recently voted the 10th most influential sustainability voice on Twitter by The Guardian Sustainable Business, and she has a lot to share about the value and techniques for using social media to raise awareness and build a brand.
Here are some quick takeaways from the webinar:
- The average tweet has a lifespan of 2 hours
- Posts with links increase engagement by as much as 92%
- Using hashtags like #cogivesday are a great way to see ALL the conversations about a specific topic—not just the ones posted on your own feed.
- The engagement ratio or “talking about this” metric is more important than your number of “Likes” because it shows that people are actually reacting to your posts. See the webinar to learn how to measure your engagement ratio.
- Engagement increases by as much as 120% when photos are posted.
- Pinterest is more likely to convert visitors into purchasers or donors.
- The largest Pinterest demographic is women and 41% of users have a household income of $50,000+.
- 80% of activity on Pinterest is re-pinning.