Our most popular Colorado Gives Day webinars are the ones where seasoned nonprofits share their experiences and success stories. Our latest webinar, Creative Marketing: How Three Nonprofits Met Their Goals on Colorado Gives Day, features organizations with very different missions but a common thread: creativity and thoughtful planning.
If you missed it live, watch the 75 min. recording for inspiration and smart, practical advice. Here is a highlight of top tips courtesy of Autumn Bjugstad with The Greenway Foundation, Dan Hanley with Urban Peak, and Nancy Shane with Walking Mountains Science Center.
1. Stand out from the crowd
- Tell or show how your nonprofit is different.
- Personalize the Colorado Gives Day message.Do your social media groundwork
- Make a social media plan and have fun with it.
- Be very visual on social media platforms.
- Play off cultural happenings. Is there a way you can build off of something popular and fun that’s happening locally, nationally or worldwide?
- Send thank you letters/e-mails within 24 hours.
- Make personal thank-you phone calls.
- Let donors know how their donations will be used.