At the end of the month, hundreds of individuals will celebrate Colorado’s thriving nonprofit sector and rally in support of Colorado Gives Day.
The Colorado Gives Day Rally happens Tuesday, November 29 at 11 a.m. (rain, snow or shine) on the Capitol’s West Steps.
This year’s rally is taking place a full week before Colorado Gives Day. We want to capitalize on the charitable momentum of #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by social media, to encourage Coloradans to donate locally through ColoradoGives.org. In Colorado, the way we participate in #GivingTuesday is by scheduling our Colorado Gives Day donations.
The Rally is the last “big hurrah” before Colorado Gives Day (December 6). If you are a participating ColoradoGives nonprofit and can get to the Capitol building on November 29, read on!
Here are six tips to help you make the most of the event:
- Date: Tuesday, November 29 on the West Steps of the Colorado State Capitol (Lincoln and Colfax). Parking is challenging so arrive early.
- Time: We begin with remarks promptly at 11:00 a.m. and finish by 11:20 a.m. Governor Hickenlooper will join us and proclaim December 6, 2016 as Colorado Gives Day.
- What to bring: Generally, two to four people to represent your organization is best. We welcome signs and banners of all shapes and sizes. We also encourage “selfies” and lots of social media posts using #COGivesDay.
- The media is invited: This is a visual event designed for picture-taking and news coverage. There are no opportunities to hand out information or perform.
- Bundle up: The entire event is outside so please dress for the weather.
- Prizes: FirstBank will be conducting five live drawings for $1,000 cash prizes. Four prizes will go to nonprofits in attendance. One prize will go to a nonprofit located outside of metro Denver.* The first 60 individuals to arrive will also receive giving eCards with “Donations Dollars” to use on KidsforColoradoGives.org.
*If you are a ColoradoGives nonprofit outside of the Denver area, please register to participate in the fifth drawing. One registration per nonprofit.
|Nonprofits gather for the 2015 Colorado Gives Day Rally.|