By Angela Bevacqua, Community First Foundation
Sometimes there's only so much good you can do by yourself. That's why we've made it easy for you to raise money on behalf of your favorite nonprofit using ColoradoGives.org. By creating a fundraising webpage, you can enlist the people you're connected with to support your cause online.
The weeks leading up to Colorado Gives Day are a perfect time for a holiday season fund drive. Our fundraising pages allow you to create a personalized web page with pictures, video, and a personal appeal. Once the page is ready, let your friends and family know about it by sending e-mails to them that include a link to your page housed on ColoradoGives.org. Ask them to help you reach your fundraising goal by making a donation online. Unlike some other crowdfunding services, you can create a ColoradoGives.org Fundraising Page with no set up charges.
This page includes a “how-to” video that walks you through the setup process and keep in mind the following tips:
|Sample Fundraising Page - Make it Personal!|
- Include a picture to personalize your page.
- Keep your appeal short, personal and to the point.
- Allot enough time for the nonprofit you are supporting to approve your page. Submit for approval no later than December 6, 2014, to be ready for Colorado Gives Day.
- If you choose to make a page in honor or in memory of someone, keep in mind that a goal is not necessary, so a “fundraising thermometer” will not be displayed on your page.
- Once your fundraising page has been approved by the nonprofit, you will receive a link to email to family and friends.
Good luck and have fun!